There are many ways to explore faith at Seal Church. The vicar is always happy to listen one to one, but you may like to join a group which meets regularly.
Here at Seal Church we currently have three Home Groups where people from our church can meet together, either weekly or twice a month, in the more informal and relaxed surroundings of someone’s home.
The group usually consists of between 5 to 12 members who join together for fellowship and bible study. Each session usually starts with coffee and catch up, followed by Bible study and discussion, finishing with some time for prayer and reflection.
At certain times, some groups may follow a particular study course, while other groups may come together to read a bible passage, perhaps using meditation methods such as ‘Lectio Divina’ or Ignatian. Central to each group is prayer and praying for one another.
Monday Afternoon Home Group
Meets weekly in Heaverham and Seal Village at 13:00 – 14:30 pm
Leaders: Kelly and Marion
Tuesday Evening Home Group
Meets fortnightly in Pinewood Avenue (near Trinity School) at 20:00 – 21:30 pm
Host/Leaders: Mark and Wivine / Stephen
Thursday Evening Home Group
Meets fortnightly at Matt and Emily’s home in Seal Village at 20:00 – 21:30 pm
Host/Leader Emily and Matt
THE GOOD BOOK CLUB
This is a monthly discussion group which meets in the vicarage on the first Wednesday of each month at 11 am for about an hour, to explore the Bible (the Good Book!)
This group is led by the vicar. There are usually about 8 of us, and discussion is very relaxed and informal, over coffee and biscuits. The format and feel is very similar to the home groups above.
During Lent , the season of preparation before Easter, there are normally a number of Lent groups, following a theme. These meet for 4 or 5 weeks.
BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION PREPARATION
The vicar normally meets one to one or in small groups with adults who want to be baptised and/or confirmed. This can happen at any time of year, so please get in contact if this is something you would like to explore.
RESOURCES FOR REFLECTION AND PRAYER
- There are always a number of resources for reflection and prayer in church. Look on the red table in the side aisle (on your right as you enter the church) where you will find leaflets to take away and books to look at. If you want to borrow a book, please let the vicar know.
- The vicar also often shares resources on the church blog, facebook page and twitter feed, so it's worth looking there for food for thought.
- There are usually reflective activities posted daily during Advent and Lent.
- Sermons are published on the church sermon blog.
- You can also find resources and links for prayer on the Rochester Diocesan Spiritualty blog.